Monday, March 12, 2012

Week 9 Photo Challenge: Producer's Choice


     This is me in front of Las Vegas largest television and film production studio.  It is open to the public to lease out.  It is located behind the Palms hotel at 4390 Las Vegas Studio Ct.  It has a long drive way with a gated entrance.  Once you pass the gate you come to a small cute security building which as a mechanical crossing guard attached to it.  It has two studios.  Studio A is 2700 sq. ft. plus a production office.  Studio B is 18,000 sq. ft. with 22 feet high ceiling with a 1600 sq. ft. mezzanine plus 5000 sq. ft. office space.  Inside studio A is a 20 foot high, 42 foot radius green screen.  Fully equipped with cameras, sound, gripping, and lighting equipment.  In the back is where the main offices are located.  When you first enter the building is a receptionist counter/ desk, along with a waiting area with movie posters on the wall.  To the left is a glass wall separating the waiting area and a production meeting room with a long table.  The office building as a small kitchen with many separate offices.  Upstairs is a huge sound booth.  At the time I was there, the sound booth was under construction.   Along with all your need for production equipment, they also have on-site cop cars and an ambulance.  The first time I was there was the first time I met Jeremy Settles wife, Rhonda.  Rhonda books jobs and in-charge of pay roll.  At the time (two Years ago) Jeremy was seriously thinking about buying the property.  This is part of a producer’s job, to find locations for production.  This studio is so big and professional; it’s pretty much too big and professional for Las Vegas.  I say that because of the cost to lease it out.  But there are occasions where a big name performer or a big production will lease it.  As for someone like me, it’s too expensive for my productions.  As a producer it’s my job to know about all potential studio’s that are available around Las Vegas.  As for this one, it’s over my budget.  But if something happens to arrive where I need a space like this, I know where to turn too.