Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 2 Photo Challenge: Professional Photo of you working




    I was hired by Gotfilms? To work Utility for a Vh1 production at Giordano Theatre in the Fashion Show Mall Friday, January 13th 2012.  My jobs consist of setup, lighting, and wrapping.  On this particular job, I help Cam A (Jeremy Settles) setup his camera (Sony pmw-f3).  We had to setup his camera on a shoulder mount rig; we had a hard time figuring it out.  We had too many things to put on and not enough room.  This included the Camera, Battery, Lite-panel, and Display Monitor.  It doesn't sound like much, but the Battery and the Monitor were both huge.  Then we had the handles and the shoulder mount as well.  At the end, we got it together just in time to shoot.  After we had the camera all set, I and Gabe (P.A.) setup two Diva's which I changed the globes from 2900 degrees to 5600.  During the shoot Nick Timmons (from the boy band "98 Degrees) showed the host (Catherine Reitman) his new upcoming stage that was presently being built.  It was my job then to follow them around with Sun Guns.  Suns Guns are handheld cordless lights with a battery belt pack which I had to cover with 4 layers of CTB (Color Temperature Blue).  During Nick Timmons interview, he talked about how he is from Ohio and that he is the host at the Chippendale show.  During a location break, I went up to Nick and told him I was from Ohio and I also was a Lead Dancer with the Chippendales.  We talked a little bit and found out that Nick is a very nice guy.  I got invited to the show to hang out once it's completed.  Overall, the production went really well.